- Requires High School or equivalent experience and a
minimum of 1 year of business experience in banking
or finance industry; preferably
credit card processing. Associates’ degree
or pursuing equivalent of a college
- Basic knowledge of MasterCard and Visa card processing regulations and
chargeback a plus
- Knowledge of company processes, standards, systems and programs a plus
- Self-starter and detail oriented
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Possess good professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to handle heavy workload assignment and multiple priorities
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
with emphasis on accuracy and timelines.
- Must have positive attitude and good customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong keyboarding and data entry skills
alpha and numeric with accuracy
- Competent in Windows
based computer applications (Microsoft Office) and ability to learn internal and external systems such as: Electronic
Data Systems (EDS), Exception Management Systems (EMS) and On-line Customer
System (OCS), E- Safe, Merchant Accounting, Fortis, CAS/Global and MIDAS a
plus. Familiar with CICS and GUI systems
- Monitor merchant activity in order to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, potential loss and chargeback’s
- Review detail transaction history for the merchant using E-safe system
- Analyze transactions, financial information, internal reports and unusual processing trends for potential fraud and credit risks
- Make real time/on-line decisions through risk systems justifying all recommendations
- Review and research transaction exceptions per approval account parameters on credit card processing activity as outlined in company guidelines and procedures (i.e. over the merchant’s average ticket, month-to-date volume is over contractual amount, invalid authorization code, etc.)
- Forward daily reports of the transaction exceptions to Management within 24-48 hours upon receipt of merchant required documentation
- Review and process merchant data for investigations using internal systems
- Correspond with merchants, banks and consumers both in writing (using form letters), and via the telephone as necessary for transaction verification and to investigate possible risk issues
- Resolve merchant issues and put to closure on all escalated calls initiated from assigned accounts
- Submit all risk files to manager within five (5) business days from assigned date to avoid any legal ramifications
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in the department goals
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA)
- Adhere to privacy, confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned.
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate
(manual dexterity) a telephone headset,
calculator, and computer
keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive,
positive and cooperative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends as necessary based on
to the Manager, Risk and interfaces with internal and external customers (i.e.
Risk department team members, Applications Processing, Customer Service, IT,
Sales, various member banks, Merchants, ISO’s, Alliance Partners, and Business
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin,
ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status
designated by federal, state, or local law.