Under minimum supervision, the Dynamics AX developer is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, designing and developing customized modules for the in-house Microsoft Dynamics AX system. This position will work closely with project manager and business users on all business requirement implementations. The individual will also needs to produce technical documentations on all changes performed on the AX system.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- 2+ years X++ coding experience, including at least two years AX 2012 R3.
- Experience with multiple AX functional modules.
- Experience creating and maintaining SSRS reports.
- Experience administering MS SQL Server databases, writing stored procedures and queries, database optimization.
- Experience with MorphX IDE, and all development and debugging tools
- Experience installing and configuring AX and related components
- Experience with additional languages and tools: XML, .NET (C# or other), Visual Studio a plus
- Microsoft AX Developer certifications a plus
- Financial industry experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work independently, resolve conflicts, and prioritize workflow in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish priorities, work collaboratively, and meet objectives.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Creative, self-motivated with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Modifies existing programs, and writes new programs conforming to AX best practices
- Troubleshoots and fixes bugs and performance issues in AX applications
- Creates and modifies SSRS reports
- Creates and modifies SSIS packages to export/import data
- Knows when to use existing AX functionality and when to customize
- Writes code to integrate AX with GP and other systems
- Assists the System Administrator with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Dynamics AX and related software (SQL, SSIS/SSRS)
- Works independently as well as collaborating with end users, managers, and fellow members of the IT Team
- Keep project management team up to date with project status such as, revisions and questions on requirements and documentations for projects.
- Provide assistance to project lead in analysis, design, development, and support.
- Assist the project lead in coordinating with management the preparation of project timelines, setting and readjustment of expectations for those timelines.
- Creates technical and functional documentation
- Follows full SDLC in software development.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Open and read emails on a daily basis.
- Conform with and abide by all EVO’s Corporate Policies and Procedures, and instructions.
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate (manual dexterity) a telephone headset, calculator, and computer keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with others.
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays and weekends as needed by management.
Report to the Development Manager. Interface with IT groups and business users.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.