Under minimum supervision, the Dynamics AX Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the overall quality of all implementations produced by the AX development team (from requirements definition through to testing). This will include writing test scripts for tracking defects and fixes in AX development. Design a comprehensive test approach (test plan) for the purpose of executing and debugging test cases/scripts. Also, verify/validate fixes and document completion of all QA testing. Assist other QA team members as needed. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through testing. Ensure that all department service levels are met in a timely manner. Promote and maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- 2+ years AX system testing experience, including at least two years AX 2012 R3.
- Experience with multiple AX functional modules.
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced QA concepts, practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge with QA methodologies, testing techniques and software development lifecycles (SDLC process).
- Direct hands-on experience with both manual and use of automated testing tools (i.e. QTP, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of version control systems, and ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills focusing on QA test process and its relationship to producing a quality product.
- Financial industry experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English).
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to complete complex testing tasks and delegate basic tasks to team members.
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
- Ability to work independently, resolve conflicts, and prioritize workflow in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish priorities, work collaboratively, and meet objectives.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
- Creative, self-motivated with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Write and execute manual and automated Quality Assurance testing against AX system.
- Create and update test plans and test cases through the testing cycle of implementations as needed.
- Provide feedback to project team on the status of the project testing.
- Report identified issues through defect tracking tools like TFS etc. to developers.
- Provide a weekly status report to PM, which will include status of projects, statistics, severity of issues, estimated timelines, etc.
- Investigate problems and provide suggestive solutions.
- Perform functional, integration, regression, negative, user acceptance, smoke and sanity testing on implementations prior to production releases.
- Attend design review and user meetings as required.
- Review business requirement, user interface specifications and design documents as assigned by the Manager.
- Ensure reusability of test cases/scripts to build Regression Suite for future testing efforts.
- Work as a project team member – cooperating, sharing knowledge, and collaborating effectively to achieve the objectives and target dates for a given initiative.
- Attend training to improve system knowledge and overall skills.
- Identify, analyze, and document defects, errors, and inconsistencies in implementations.
- Write both manual (Excel, ALM, TFS) and automated (QTP) test cases.
- Write SQL queries to validate database.
- Create smoke testing scripts for deployments.
- Open and read emails on a daily basis.
- Conform with and abide by all EVO’s Corporate Policies and Procedures, and instructions.
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate (manual dexterity) a telephone headset, calculator, and computer keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with others.
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays and weekends as needed by management.
Interface with IT groups and business users.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.