- Two years of college or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years
related payroll experience; working within a large and/or complex company. Experience within an HR/Finance department a
- Strong knowledge of payroll and payroll systems as well as federal and
- Proven ability to utilize and develop
computerized spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Strong customer service skills with a personal
and approachable manner.
- Good oral, written, presentation and
professional communication skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately and accurately
within a timely manner.
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to
change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- High attention
to detail and good time management skills.
to maintain confidentiality and maturity under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a
team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative
working relationships with employees, management and internal and external
- Ability to work across departments in a
skills in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office – MS Excel) and
outsourced HCM/Payroll and reporting software.
High level of skills in Excel.
payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data during
payroll Processing schedules (bi-weekly payroll).
entry of payroll information such as withholding taxes and direct deposit
information on the employee’s record.
Resolution of banking notices from third party vendor and direct deposit
data accuracy for all new hires, terminations, change of status forms submitted
and work closely with the HR administrator for any necessary adjustments and/or
clock employee maintenance and assisting time approvers with any adjustments
needed to the employees’ time – understanding of wage and hour law and
and review of time data ensuring that employees are paid accurately and work
closely with managers on any issues and errors and needed resolutions. Escalate any issues when needed to Senior
the payroll time reconciliations and time audit reporting for final steps to
payroll team with review of payroll preview reports to ensure accuracy of the
payroll process before payroll commit.
and process manual checks as needed.
of garnishment withholding and entry into the employee’s payroll record for
processing. Manage any necessary
responses required by the agencies.
verifications and inquiries.
entry of pay adjustments to employees’ pay as needed- Benefit adjustments, time
adjustments, reimbursements as needed.
and process terminations for final payments and PTO payouts due.
to established SOX controls for payroll processing and take part in compliance,
tax audit and other processes.
Senior Payroll Manager with year-end processing and W2 preparation.
with payroll processing reports and Accounting reports after payroll commit is
complete and accepted.
the Payroll e-mail box daily and resolve any issues and inquiries concerning
the payroll and the employee’s pay information.
knowledge of multi-state payroll processing and tax regulations.
attention to detail and good time management skills.
to organize workload and responsibilities, adapt quickly to change, and deliver
under the pressure of deadlines.
to respond appropriately and timely to inquiries submitted to the Payroll Dept.
to work independently as well as in a team in a fast-paced environment.
to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with the employees,
management, and internal and external partners.
to maintain confidentiality and maturity under pressure.
skills in Windows based computer applications and outsourced HCM/Payroll and
the biweekly payrolls for EVO and back-up to Canada weekly payrolls
- Timely reconciliation of the payrolls and GL
each pay period.
- Obtain, enter and verify payroll information for processing within deadlines.
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Enter payroll data for new hires, changes, terminations, etc., while
ensuring accuracy of payroll.
- Perform pre and post audits in accordance with best practices.
- Review and audit the weekly time record for employees and advise management
of any discrepancies in the time clock system on a daily basis.
- Review, edit and maintain compliance for the Time and Attendance
- Set up new hires within the time and attendance system and provide
training and assistance as necessary.
- Train time and attendance administrators on the time and attendance
- Respond to all time clock related questions and escalate to Payroll
Manager with needed.
- Complete the biweekly close-out of hours and the review of totals of
- Assist in the final review and ensure accuracy of the final payroll register
before it is sent for processing.
- Adherence to established SOX controls for payroll processing and take
part in compliance, tax audit and other processes.
- Distribute bi-weekly paychecks and/or statements to appropriate site management and overnight to off -site locations.
- Assist with the update and maintenance
of the payroll and time and attendance system as needed.
- Process manual payroll checks on an as needed
basis to be reviewed by Payroll Manager.
- Process the intra-department cross charges.
- Process bi-weekly and monthly reporting to HR
- Assist in and/or generate standard and/or adhoc
reporting as needed.
- Ensure payroll documents are filed on a
bi-weekly basis in secure file cabinets while ensuring accuracy.
- Document and maintain position processes to help ensure position
continuity and for reference in the performance management process.
- Open and read emails on a daily basis.
- Conform with and abide by all federal, state, local regulations, EVO’s
Corporate Policies and Procedures, and instructions.
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to
fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy
work environment (i.e. OSHA).
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and
procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned.
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in
- Must be able to manipulate (manual dexterity) a telephone headset,
calculator, and computer keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and
cooperative relationships with co-workers, etc.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed based on company needs.
Report to the Payroll Manager. Interact with internal and external
customers i.e. Human Resources, Accounting, and all levels of employees and
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.