With minimal supervision, the Senior Accountant will participate in a wide range of accounting activities, including account reconciliations and variance analysis. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, as well as coordinating the preparation and execution of month-end schedules and financial reports, while promoting and maintaining a professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and at least 3-7 years of experience in accounting, finance or related environment; credit card processing industry a plus.
- MBA, and/or CPA is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Practical knowledge of accounting systems. Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
- Basic mathematical skills including calculation of ratios, compounding interest, depreciation, accruals, etc.
- Detailed-oriented and has the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
- Must have a positive attitude and good work ethics.
- Excellent follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with team and customers.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations and senior management.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Basic/Intermediate level knowledge of various functions in MS Excel. (Any Excel features required – pivot tables, etc.)
- Competent in other Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office, Dynamics AX), etc. Great Plains, MIDAS a plus.
- Experience with BlackLine accounting software a plus.
- Perform timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities, reconciliations and general ledger entries for multiple entities.
- Maintain responsibility for all accounting work necessary to ensure Intercompany transactions on a global basis are recorded correctly to ensure proper eliminations.
- Supervise and mentor staff to ensure tasks are completed accurately and timely.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and work with the other departments to identify and correct discrepancies
- Maintain an audit trail of analysis, calculations and approvals and in local work papers
- Perform variance analysis and prepare detailed analytics for SG&A expenses on a monthly basis.
- Provide assistance to internal and external auditors, including explanations of journal entries/support and work papers upon request.
- Meet or exceed established department performance metrics.
- Keep abreast, through continuing education of changes, new technologies in the field of finance and accounting, etc.
- Document and maintain position processes to help ensure position continuity and for reference in the performance management process.
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate (manual dexterity) a telephone headset, calculator, and computer keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with co-workers, etc.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays and weekends as needed by management.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, less than 5%. Valid driver’s license and passport required.
Report to the Accounting Manager. Interface with internal and external stakeholders.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.