The Senior Manager, Partner Referrals will be responsible for reaching B2B partner sales targets by implementing national sales plans and leading a team of 2-4 partner sales reps covering all of the US & Canada. The Senior Manager, Partner Referrals targets mid-market B2B groups (buying groups, associations, financial groups, banks, private equity firms, etc.), software companies (ERP, accounting software, etc.) with affinity programs, or integrated payments, who are interested in offering payment processing as a member/client benefit. This is a player/coach position, requiring the employee to work closely with internal & external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives & priorities are enabled within the sales organization. This role will also be responsible for contributing individually to the success of the channel while the team continues to scale.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred or equivalent work experience in financial services
- 8+ years of experience in sales role, preferably in B2B sales and/or payment processing industry required
- 5+ years of sales management experience required
- Highly motivated to succeed in a performance driven environment
- Outstanding sales, business development and negotiating skills required
- Flexibility with work hours to accommodate multiple time zones required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Ability to handle and complete multiple assignments, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and change direction in ever changing payment processing environment
- Experience with a CRM system like SalesForce a plus
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows based programs required
- Proven experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed, goal oriented
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors
- Manages, coaches & oversees Partner Referral Channel
- Communicates effectively in both verbal and written formats with individuals and groups
- Identifies, qualifies, and secures business opportunities
- Building business relationships with potential groups/clients
- Collaborates with sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Develops customized targeted sales strategies for the department and team
- Participates in Referral Partner tradeshows/events as needed
- Identifies and any ERP/software integration opportunities within Partner Groups
- Creating informative presentations; Presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences
- Coordinates business generation activities
- Maintaining database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Closing sales and working with client through closing process
- Meets or exceeds annual sales goals
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting
- Generate sales leads and cultivate relationships with prospects through phone calls & on-site visits
- Participates in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals
- Manage escalations, emails, voicemails, and staffing issues in accordance with service level expectations.
- Actively monitor and manage staff to ensure they are aware of sales metrics and goals by providing consistent communication, reporting tools and establishing department goals/ objectives.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of supported systems to ensure staff has accurate information to perform duties.
- Attend trainings and maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures and information that affect / impact the department and company as a whole.
- Lead by example by promoting and adhering to current and accurate established processes, procedures and guidelines to effectively mentor team members
- Work with senior leadership in establishing department and individual goals each year.
- Perform interviews with prospective candidates and provide Human Resources with hiring recommendations.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with logical understanding of business processes & objectives
- Work with Senior Management and Human Resources on timely submitting all job requisitions and actively takes part in the candidate interview process
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel
- Measures and reports on departmental productivity in regards to company assigned quotas
- Professionally and confidently communicate with C-Level Executives
- Works accurately under stress and pressure to meet competing deadlines
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Work from home or one of EVO’s office locations (satellite office)
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with prospects, clients, co-workers, and vendors
- Must be able to travel domestically, approximately 50-75% of the time
Reports to the VP, Sales & Operations. Interface with internal and external customers (Sales, Partners, Agents, and Merchants).
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.