Under minimum supervision, organize and prepare all correspondence that is received and sent by the department. Research and work the department’s support reports (i.e. Truncated Reports and Authorization Logs, etc.). Maintain all SLAs related to chargebacks with EVO merchants, ISO’s, Alliance Partners and Business Partners. Document and maintain position processes. Promote and maintain professional working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- High School or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years of business experience, preferably in the credit card industry or other service related industry. Associates degree a plus.
- Knowledge of MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express chargeback regulations.
- Strong knowledge of the Chargebacks Support Analyst II a plus.
- Experience handling dispute or billing inquiries is a plus.
- Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
- Possess professional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong data entry skills and ability to navigate among multiple systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Must have a positive attitude and good customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong keyboarding and data entry skills alpha and numeric with accuracy.
- Competent in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office). E360 and AE360 system a plus.
- Familiarity with CICS and GUI systems
- Excellent oral and written communication and reasoning skills
- Reviews all incoming correspondence received via department’s fax queue within PC (RightFax Server). Reference the E360 system in order to index such documentation to its corresponding Chargeback/Retrieval case.
- Scans all incoming mail correspondence into the Chargebacks Server and in turn reviews and indexes the documentation to its corresponding Chargeback/Retrieval case.
- Print all daily outgoing letters to merchants. Once printed, stuff letters into envelopes and seal and place postage on each envelope to prepare for mailing.
- Respond to Chargebacks, Retrievals and Exception cases utilizing MasterCom , VROL, Discover portal and E360 for American Express
- Train new employees and/or existing employees on support functions
- Scan and index priority documentation as needed by Case Analysts and/or managers
- Assist with 1st chargebacks, reversals and Pre Arbitration cases for Visa, MasterCard. Discover and American Express
- Assist with MasterCard and Visa debit chargebacks for daily processing
- Monitors merchant letters sent to Outgoing fax server for failed faxes on a daily basis. Researches and takes appropriate actions on such failed faxes. Occasionally research receipt of confirmation report via telephone call to make sure other side received fax.
- Research, pull applicable documentation, and properly index all cases identified on daily Truncated Draft Report. Reference E360 system to pull authorization logs to complete truncation reports (last 4 digits of account number).
- Utilize Outlook and in-house voicemail system in order to communicate effectively with incoming emails and voicemails and to review incoming Chargeback Reports that may come in via email.
- Research and take appropriate action on all returned outgoing mail that is EVO’s responsibility (i.e. Alliance Partner 2). Forwards via mail/fax all returned outgoing mail to appropriate Alliance Partners as it is received.
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals.
- Practice and comply with all regulations promoting a safe and healthy work environment (i.e. OSHA).
- Adhere to privacy; confidential, proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned.
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate (manual dexterity) a telephone headset, calculator, and computer keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends as necessary based on business needs.
Reports to Manager of Chargebacks. Interface with internal and external customers (i.e. Chargebacks Analysts, Merchants, ISOs, Alliance Partners, and Shipping / Deployment).
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.