EVO Payments, Inc. is a leading publicly held payments processor and acquirer for merchants, independent sales organizations, financial institutions, government organizations and multinational corporations located throughout North America and Europe. The Representative, Technical Support’s role is to provide POS technical service and support to EVO’s internal and external merchant base and respective sales channels.
- All applicants must pass a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation.
- Credit card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries preferred.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Windows based programs required.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of college or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior level, top tier, technical support or customer service help desk role required.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, wear a headset, look at a computer monitor and utilize a company approved keyboard required.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, overnight and holidays as needed for support, training and/or conversions required.
- Ability to utilize effective time management skills, work effectively under pressure and set personal deadlines, while working with limited supervision required.
- Proficient skills in Internet Knowledge/Base navigation, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment required.
- Experience with POS debit and credit terminal hardware and software preferred.
- Ability to adapt to frequent or unexpected changes in the work environment and be able to adjust approach or method to best fit the current situation required.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making skills required.
- Acceptable attendance and performance standards required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with peers and customers, internal and external.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors.
- Ability to resolve specific client issues under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime as needed.
- Ability to understand and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
- Answer calls, emails, internal work orders and escalation requests in an ACD call queue based setting and in accordance with service level expectations.
- Phone merchants, agents, partners, and other company related entities in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Maintain call queue awareness at all times and maintain adherence to call center operating guidelines as provided by management.
- Respond to, follow-up, and complete requested assignments in an effective and ongoing manner.
- Assist merchants with reconciling their processed transactions.
- Troubleshoot, configure and perform maintenance functions on POS terminals, peripheral equipment, POS applications and semi-integrated solutions according to set procedures.
- Maintain detail-oriented and customer-centered focus while troubleshooting POS related issues or working requests to ensure accurate and efficient maintenance of work. Make accuracy and quality a priority by double-checking work prior to completion.
- Work with all sales channels to provide ongoing technical support for merchants as defined by the product classification.
- Log interactions, which include calls, emails and maintenance queue, using detailed, specific and professional remarks in internal systems.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of supported systems, up to but not limited to POS downloader systems, third party portals and support/administration tools, front end processing systems and proprietary internal systems.
- Attend trainings and complete on-line assessments to maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures and information that affect / impact the department and company as a whole, included but not limited to card industry regulations, interchange, dues and assessments, and PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliance.
- Assist fellow team members with answers to questions and/or problem resolution via verbal or written communications.
- Work independently in a fast paced environment and adhere to deadlines even when under pressure.
- Identify and provide follow-up and timely resolution for all issues presented in the Technical Support work queue.
- Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned by management.
- Escalate issues, as necessary, to management on duty.
- Perform related projects and duties as assigned
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate (manual dexterity) a telephone headset, calculator, and computer keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with ISOs, co-workers, and vendors.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, overnight and weekends as necessary based on business needs.
Reports to the Supervisor, Technical Support. Interface with internal and external customers (Sales, Partners, Agents, and Merchants).
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.