According to recent forensic investigations, small merchants remain targets of hackers attempting to compromise payment data. Investigators have also identified links between data breaches and lack of PCI best practices that can lead to system compromises.
To help reduce the risk of data theft, Visa requires small merchants (Level 4) to only use payment solution providers (Resellers and Developers) that have achieved Qualified Integrator and Reseller (QIR) certification.
To meet this requirement, at least one qualified person from your company needs to become QIR certified. To receive certification, you’ll take an online course and a certification exam.
Benefits of PCI QIR Certification
- Stand out among your competition with the PCI QIR logo: You will be authorized to use the QIR logo on your promotional materials, helping you stand out from your competition and showing your commitment to payment security.
- Become the merchant's trusted advisor: As U.S. merchants are moving toward the adoption of EMV technology, you can leverage QIR training to advise them as they evaluate their payment infrastructure and security controls.
- Promote yourself by being listed on the PCI SSC website: QIR-certified solution providers will have increased visibility among merchants and acquirers through the listing of qualified providers on the PCI website.
How to Become QIR Certified
To receive certification, you'll take an online course and a certification exam. Click here for a step-by-step guide to becoming QIR certified.
The price for QIR training and certification is $395 per individual. Click here to register.
For more information and a step-by-step guide to becoming QIR certified, click on the links below:
» Get Started Now
Fast, affordable, secure transactions.
EVO brings advances in the latest payment technology to small, regional and national businesses. Our goal is to:
- Provide technologies that help our customers succeed
- Operate with honesty and transparency
- Provide personal attention and prompt service
Get started now!